School fees are set by each school. Please contact your local school or college for more information regarding their fees.
School fees and levies are necessary to:
- supplement State and Commonwealth per capita recurrent grants,
- provide sufficient funds to operate the school, and
- provide support for the educational environment and structure of the school.
It is recognised that there may be some families not seeking to enrol their children in Catholic schools because of concerns about the level of fees and levies charged. Catholic schools are accessible to all families willing to support the Catholic ethos regardless of their personal, financial and pastoral circumstances.
No child will be denied a place in a Catholic school because of financial hardship. School fee discounts and assistance are available.
Families who are interested in Catholic education and feel they could benefit from financial support are encouraged to contact their local school or college to discuss possible options with the Principal. Some of the options families may apply for include:
- Fee reductions: for families experiencing hardship.
- Fee discounts: available to all families with three or more children in any Tasmanian Catholic school. (Unclaimed discounts are gratefully used to support fee assistance for other families.)
- Scholarships: for secondary students at participating colleges.
- The Archdiocesan Foundation: Catholic families who are suffering economic hardship can apply for funds towards uniform expenses and discounted fees at participating schools.